Shot Blue-Green Banarasi Alfi Maheen Buti Kadhuan Brocade Handwoven Katan Silk Fabric
Login to see wholesale prices
A beautiful play of colors and weave in this one.
A fine specimen of the Banarasi handloom kadhuan weave, the fabric is woven with premium katan silk yarns. The contrasting green double-warp and blue weft create a surreal iridescent effect that shifts colors as the fabric flows and turns.
Then we sprinkle-weave it with the lovely little butis in orange, pink & gold. The perfect size and spacing between the butis gives the fabric an unmatched premium look.
We strongly recommend this versatile fabric for jackets, dresses, kurtas, & blouses.
This fabric uses a
Pure Mulberry Silk warp and weft.
The fabric features the Kadhuan Brocade weaving technique, considered to be the epitome of handloom brocade weaving, to create the motifs. Each buta is woven individually with a hand shuttle, diligently, one line at a time by a master weaver. Weaving time for each fabric is usually in excess of 200 man hours, often significantly longer.
The fabric is sold by length in meters and measures approximately 44 inches in width and 108 g per meter in weight.
Selected quantity for fabrics means continuous length in meters. Currently we do not sell fractional quantities. Please refer to the fabric width to decide the length you need.
Hi.We request you to please consider the following before placing an wholesale order for sarees.
- As a reseller, we expect you to understand the fabric types, and the inherent textures and feel. For eg: Katan silk and Kora silk may both use Mulberry silk yarns, but the fabrics differ significantly in look and feel.
- You may also refer to our Glossary page for a brief description about the fabric and weave types. This will significantly help you choose you the right products for your customers.
- In all our products, we make a conscious effort to only offer the best quality for the price. Please however note that quality is also a function of price. If all other things are constant, a higher priced saree will indicate better quality.
- We often use color-family names instead of the specific color name in the product titles and descriptions. Some colors may overlap into multiple color-families. For eg, a sea-green or aqua-green may also look blue. Still you may find them titled as Green. We recommend considering the color visible in the images as a better indicator of the actual colors.
- Notwithstanding the above, please note that depending on the screen-type and lighting conditions, there can be a marginal to significant difference in colors of the product.