Red Banarasi Tehri Jamawar Brocade Handwoven Katan Silk Saree with Zari Paisley Buti
Login to see wholesale prices
The saree features the old-world charm of a jamawar and the statement of a zari brocade weave all-in-one.
Primarily a Jamawar weave with very fine resham weave in the body, the aesthetics are augmented with zari paisleys and the border woven with the brocade technique. A timeless treasure.
This saree uses
Pure Mulberry Silk warp and weft.
When you picture a silk product in your mind, you usually mean mulberry silk.
It has the soft feel and subtle sheen which you associate with a silk product.
The fabric features the Jamawar/Tanchoi handloom weaving technique, where the motifs are subtle and are created using the weft yarns themselves, unlike a brocade which uses extra-weft to create the motifs.
The saree measures approximately 220 inches (5.4 meters) in length, 44 inches (1.10 meters) in width and 830 g in weight.
The saree comes with an unstitched blouse piece measuring 70-80 cms. Please refer to the last product image for a snapshot of the blouse piece. The blouse that the model is wearing is for illustration purpose only.
Hi.We request you to please consider the following before placing an wholesale order for sarees.
- As a reseller, we expect you to understand the fabric types, and the inherent textures and feel. For eg: Katan silk and Kora silk may both use Mulberry silk yarns, but the fabrics differ significantly in look and feel.
- You may also refer to our Glossary page for a brief description about the fabric and weave types. This will significantly help you choose you the right products for your customers.
- In all our products, we make a conscious effort to only offer the best quality for the price. Please however note that quality is also a function of price. If all other things are constant, a higher priced saree will indicate better quality.
- We often use color-family names instead of the specific color name in the product titles and descriptions. Some colors may overlap into multiple color-families. For eg, a sea-green or aqua-green may also look blue. Still you may find them titled as Green. We recommend considering the color visible in the images as a better indicator of the actual colors.
- Notwithstanding the above, please note that depending on the screen-type and lighting conditions, there can be a marginal to significant difference in colors of the product.