Multi-color Banarasi "Dumahi" Rangkaat Handwoven Katan Silk Saree
Login to see wholesale prices
हवा में नशा ही नशा, फ़ज़ा में रंग ही रंग,
ये किस ने पैरहन अपना उछाल रक्खा है।
A handloom banarasi is one of those very few products that belongs equally to the world of art and the world of fashion and commerce.
However, a masterpiece Rangkaat like this one takes a whole new dimension. Taking approximately two months to weave by a master-weaver with more than 40 years of weaving expertise, heirloom banarasis like this one are as much a treasure, as a responsibility- to preserve and pass to the next generation.
About the weave, this Classic Banarasi features not just one primary weft. Instead, it uses the rangkaat technique to interlock different hues of weft in an enchanting geometric grid/mosaic pattern. Simultaneously, the grids are superimposed with banarasi butas in metallic zari using the kadhuan technique. The borders are woven using the Kadiyal technique for the sharp and clean contrast between the multi-color body and the maroon mono-chrome border, which is again brocaded in metallic zari.
This saree uses
Pure Mulberry Silk warp and weft.
When you picture a silk product in your mind, you usually mean mulberry silk.
It has the soft feel and subtle sheen which you associate with a silk product.
The saree measures approximately 220 inches (5.4 meters) in length, 44 inches (1.10 meters) in width and 935 g in weight.
The saree comes with an unstitched blouse piece measuring 70-80 cms. Please refer to the last product image for a snapshot of the blouse piece. The blouse that the model is wearing is for illustration purpose only.
Hi.We request you to please consider the following before placing an wholesale order for sarees.
- As a reseller, we expect you to understand the fabric types, and the inherent textures and feel. For eg: Katan silk and Kora silk may both use Mulberry silk yarns, but the fabrics differ significantly in look and feel.
- You may also refer to our Glossary page for a brief description about the fabric and weave types. This will significantly help you choose you the right products for your customers.
- In all our products, we make a conscious effort to only offer the best quality for the price. Please however note that quality is also a function of price. If all other things are constant, a higher priced saree will indicate better quality.
- We often use color-family names instead of the specific color name in the product titles and descriptions. Some colors may overlap into multiple color-families. For eg, a sea-green or aqua-green may also look blue. Still you may find them titled as Green. We recommend considering the color visible in the images as a better indicator of the actual colors.
- Notwithstanding the above, please note that depending on the screen-type and lighting conditions, there can be a marginal to significant difference in colors of the product.